Sunday, June 16, 2013

Garden update


I want to show you a small update from my garden.
Yesterday, 16.06.2013, i've spent some time in my garden and i manage to do some photos and a video tour of my garden. The video will be available latter on this day (i think after 6 pm local time).


When i was shooting photos with some of my cucumbers i manage to catch a bee inside the cucumber flower :). This is the first place were i have cucumber planted and the plants are bigger than the rest of my cucumbers. I also have cucumber inisde the big green house and in the back of my yard.


In my previous post i've mentioned about the fact that i used one idea from the polytunnels regarding venting the green house but i don't think that i've showed any photo with this ideea. So the polytunnels have a way to raise or lower the sides from 2 points: i saw some designs that ware using the lowest point of the build, near the ground to vent inside the polytunnel or near the semicircle roof.
After reading about both ways to vent the polytunnel i have decided to go with the venting near the roof because: when i vent my green house i don't want that cold air to hit directly the plants inside.

For my big green house the venting is done in several ways:
1. near the roof i have triangles that are covered with a mesh and not with plastic foil so with this method the hot air can exit the green house at the roof.
2. the sides that i can lower them near the ground or keep them up near the roof.
3. with the door - the door is big and combined with the triangles it can provide good vent inside the green house when is clouded outside.


 Inside the green house the tomatoes are starting to have fruits and they are filled with flowers. Compared with last year the tomatoes are smaller in size as a plant but they have more fruits actualy this year the tomatoes have more fruits than i had last season.

Now with this design i have a proper ventilation and lots of ways for the bugs to get inside an pollinate the tomato flowers.
Also now we have a schedule for watering the tomatoes - and now we are using fish water for this task. Now we have two barrels with fish inside them and we use that water for tomatoes. One barrel have 250L of water, and we water the tomatoes in this way: 10L of water for 2 plants at 6 days.



For a while is clearly visible the fact that we have 2 types of tomatoes inside the green house. What is interesting is the fact that the tomatoes at the back of the green house have the leafs bigger and curly.







Video tour of my garden: Video tour of my garden
Thank you for attention.

6 comments:

  1. Congratulations on the bee photo and visit. Your garden looks wonderful, Mihai! Can't wait to see what it will yield for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you.
      The video tour of my garden is available on my youtube channel
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TD4srPBIKzE

      Delete
  2. Your gardening project is moving right along. Everything looks great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :)
      The video tour is available on my youtube channel
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TD4srPBIKzE

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thank you :)
      The video tour is available on my youtube channel
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TD4srPBIKzE

      Delete